David Carey

David Carey
A New Old

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Erickson, Kamminga and Leider

It's been a long time since my last post. So much has transpired. Hosted by my old buddy, Brian Mahanke and his wife LeAnne I spent a wonderful few days with Jan and Jon Erickson in Colorado in August learning about how their lives have changed as they discover the next chapters of their lives.
I had a great talk with Dave Kamminga, retired professional French Horn soloist with the Minnesota Orchestra and learned about how he is transforming his vision of the future as he leaves his professional music career to discover what's ahead. (He's friends with Peter Schickele of PDQ Bach fame!)
I had a wonderful follow up interview with purpose guru, Richard Leider yesterday at his office. We had a great conversation and his comments will be instrumental in helping me finish the first one-hour segment of the program. There is a real change beginning on so many levels in our country with regards to how we see aging. AARP has brought Richard on board to help them change the direction of their organization so help people realize a new phase of life filled with exploration, development and growth.
 I continue to receive input and support from so many knowledgeable people striving to write a new chapter in human development including my dear Connie Goldman who is my most gracious mentor.

More to come.....

Peace,
David

No comments:

Post a Comment